PAMOJA ART is a community interest company (CIC) that aims to promote the development of creativity and the expressive arts and to support the work of the Twende Pamoja Trust.
Pamoja Art was launched with an exhibition that featured the work of four established and two young artists from the Kilimanjaro District of Tanzania. Since then a number of projects and art sales have ben organized.
Presently Pamoja Art is setting up a Fashion Business based on the upcycling and recycling of quality clothing.
Pamoja Art is a diverse art enterprise based in Edinburgh, but with a global dimension. The company explores creativity and supports young talent. All profits from the company are used to support its aims. Pamoja Art seeks to:
- promote and sell the work of established artists
- create employment in the UK and in Tanzania
- organize educational opportunities, training, courses
- import works of art produced by cooperatives and individuals in Tanzania on a Fairtrade basis
- support young people with an aptitude for any of the expressive arts
- raise awareness of global citizenship
- generate income for the Twende Pamoja Trust