DEVELOPING PARTNERSHIPS BETWEEN SCHOOLS IN TANZANIA AND SCOTLAND
There are now 22 Primary Schools and 8 Secondary Schools committed to developing partnerships.
Teachers in Partner Schools have together identified the following 5 areas they are presently exploring. These are:
- Computer and Information Technology.
- Literacy and Developing skills and resources in teaching English.
- Global Citizenship, Peace and Environmental Education
- Improving Attainment
- Professional Development of Teachers
develop young people with core skills and competencies that relate to the world in which they are living and will live (often known as 21st century skills or deep learning skills), which include:
- ways of working: communication and collaboration
- ways of thinking: critical thinking, problem solving, creativity and innovation, learning to learn and metacognition
- tools for working: information literacy, information and communication technology (ICT) literacy
- ways of living in the world: global citizenship and civic responsibility, including cultural awareness and critical thinking and problem solving competence.